Yellow or stained teeth looks attractive on none. Have you been mocked for having yellow teeth? Have you lost confidence in smile due to stained teeth? If yes, dental bleaching might be for you! Dental bleaching is a method to achieve teeth whitening by removing the stains on teeth. It is a suitable tooth whitening option for people with good health and healthy gums.
Teeth staining is caused by several food substances and beverages that we use. Some of the products causing dental bleaching are as follows: -
- Black coffee and tea
- Berries and other strong coloured food items
- Carbonated drinks
- Sports drinks
- Tobacco and cigarettes
Teeth staining can be avoided by brushing regularly, having teeth polished and checked up and avoiding teeth staining substances like cigarettes, tobacco, alcohol and so on.
Dental bleaching methods are usually selected based on the intensity of the issue. Some of the common dental bleaching and teeth whitening methods used are as follows.
- Using teeth whitening tooth paste – tooth pastes for teeth whitening helps in removing stains from the upper layer of teeth. They contain hydrogen peroxide and carbamide peroxide helps in lightening the colour of the teeth.
- Whitening gels and strips – these are easily available in stores and helps in removing mild stains. The strength of the strips or gels depends on the type of peroxide used in it.
- Whitening rinses – these resemble mouth washes and needs to be kept in mouth for some minutes. They are new in market and helps in removal of plaques as well.
- In-clinic bleaching – this bleaching method is the most effective bleaching method. This is done in clinic and takes only about an hour to complete. It provides instant results.